Listed below are a few tips on how to organise yourself during examinations:
Before the exam day
Practise questions using past papers. This will help you to become familiar with the type of questions involved
Test your readiness for the exam by doing one or two past papers under exam conditions. Make a note of any topics you still need to work on
On the exam day
- Make sure you had a good night's sleep before any examination
- Check you have all the equipment necessary for the exam
- Read the instructions on the exam paper carefully and work out how long you can spend on each question
- Read each question carefully before you answer
- Plan answers to longer questions carefully and thoroughly
- If you are unsure of a question leave it and come back to it but make sure you do attempt it or you will lose marks allocated to it
- Check for factual mistakes, spelling and punctuation
- Ask yourself: 'Have I answered the question?'
Remember to balance eating well, relaxing well and working hard in preparing for examinations.
Past examination papers can be accessed through the relevant examination body websites.